Certifiable Test Case

Confused employee wading through Nerd Nirvana

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India

Program Manager Microsoft IT India

Sunday, March 13, 2005

5.Someone

I got my hands onto “five-point someone” finally (thanks Nithya!), a book I’ve heard loads about and have wanted to read for a very long time. The book was an OK read, but the author certainly got his topic right. There are going to be no spoilers here, and I suggest that you read the book first if you want to understand what follows.

I’m not exactly Ryan, but I sympathise completely with the guy. I mean, seriously, throwing up a work of pure genius just because a five-pointer of no repute came up with it? Some of the passages in the book, which the author must have thrown in to highlight the concept of conformity to the system, seem incredible at first: eg. Vohra’s design class: I can’t believe that any self-respecting professor would rubbish that work without even looking at it.

On the concept of the crappiness of the GPA system, Ryan and I are one! Luckily, no one in CEG takes the assignments and assessments that seriously!

The way Hari’s “issues” were brought up by the author was pure brilliance. One paragraph – actually just a set of questions, spoke eloquent volumes of explanation. Fantastic writing in that section, actually – I really thought it was the best part of the entire book.

On an aside, Neha seems real cute, but a bit unbelievable!!

Must-read!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home